Thursday, December 20, 2012

Oldest Jose Rizal Monument

Comments
 
Since we started to go to school, learning about the life of our national hero Dr. Jose Rizal was part of the curriculum. And even until we reach college Jose Rizal life work's still needed to be studied. Reason? Because his life and works inspire Filipinos especially young people whom he said will be the future of our nation.


We all know that Dr. Jose Rizal traveled to places like Europe and some parts of Asia but he has never been to Daet, Camarines Norte. The reason why I am saying this is because the first and oldest monument of Jose Rizal was constructed in Daet, Camarines Norte. The Bikolanos build the monument to honor the late Dr. Jose Rizal. They started to build the monument on December 30, 1898, two years after his execution. The monument was completed after 2 months and the old mortars and boulders from the old Spanish jail were used to be the foundation of the monument.


I've been living in Paracale, Camarines Norte for the past 32 years of my life. I just recently learned that the Oldest Jose Rizal Monument was built in Daet, Camarines Norte a one-hour drive from our place. The monument is located in Freedom Park where a lot of students hang out. I used to pass that area when I visit my mom in her former office and I thought it was just a stone beside the road.


Hope you like my post and thank you for visiting! Come back for more articles to read.

Ralph Marcuss Manarang. Powered by Blogger.

About

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff