Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Panagbenga Festival - Parade and Street Dancing Competition

Comments
 

Panagbenga Festival - is a month-long annual flower festival occurring in Baguio, the summer capital of the                   
Philippines.

I know that this post late about Panagbenga Festival. All the photos you can see here are taken last February 2012. My family went to visit Baguio City to have some quality time and relax. When we get there we checked in to the hotel. We rested for a while because of the 8 hour drive from manila. Our hotel was near the grotto so I decided to take a walk. I was having difficulty in breathing when I started to go the Grotto maybe because of the steep stairs. That was my first time to go there and walking solo in Baguio City. 



 The next morning I woke up early to watch the Parade and Street Dancing Competition held every fourth Sunday of February. That time I brought my new D3100 camera that was the first time I’ve used it and the only time to practice photography. I took a taxi to go to the Melvin Jones Grounds to take my spot to in taking pictures. I felt the cold air of the morning and felt the suns heat. I have this burning sensation in my forehead but I endured to see the Parade up-close.


The photos you see in this blog post are taken inside the Melvin Jones Grounds during the Parade and Street Dancing Competition.


It is said that the reason of Panabenga Festival to boost the tourism of Baguio City and to learn the old culture tradition of the indigenous people.


Afters the competitions I was able to take photos of the competitors. I just talk to one of the photographers to teach me techniques. The photographer said to me that I shouldn't be shy in asking to take photos of the models.

I have so much in the first day of the festival! Enjoy looking at my photos that I've posted here.




 See you again in my second day in Baguio City!


Ralph Marcuss Manarang. Powered by Blogger.

About

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff